A few more pieces of information since my last blog post on this:
- Rejected OHIP numbers
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Health (MoH) does have a policy to continue accepting expired OHIP cards; however, only health cards that expired on or after March 1, 2020 have an extended expiry date under this policy. Information on this policy is outlined on the Service Ontario website.
- Therefore, based on this direction, LifeLabs is not rejecting requisitions for FIT for people with a health card that expired on or after March 1, 2020. Requisitions for FIT for people with a health card that expired before March 1, 2020 will be rejected due invalid OHIP.
- If a card is reported lost, the requisition will also be rejected
- We can call LifeLabs directly on their FIT LifeLabs number at 1-833-676-1426
- Batch submission of FIT tests tend to lead to more requisition rejections likely due to a variety of reasons around incorrect address or version codes.
Please feel free to email me, your Regional Primary Care Lead, Dr. Meghan Davis (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Meghan Davis
Regional Primary Care Lead