The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Regional Cancer Program is reminding everyone to “Get Back on Track” with their cancer screening. Life is busy and a lot has been put on hold. March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month, so there is no better time to #GetBackOnTrack. The HNHB Regional Cancer Program will be visiting location GO stations and skating rinks this month to share some information about cancer screening. Follow along with us this fall over on our Facebook page (@screenforlifecoach) or on Twitter (@HNHB_Cancer).
Events in the last two years have caused many delays and self-care may not have been possible. Following the reduction in some cancer screening due to the pandemic, approximately 25,671 people are overdue for FIT and 2,548 people overdue for family history colonoscopy across the HNHB Region. Get back on track by getting screened for colon cancer. Visit https://hnhbscreenforlife.ca/colorectal-screening/general-population/ for more information about how to order an at-home colon kit. Anyone wanting more information can also find out their cancer risk by visiting www.mycancerIQ.ca.
Individuals can get back on track this March by:
- Booking a mammogram at a local Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) site
- Scheduling a Pap test with a primary care provider (PCP);
- Ordering an at-home colon kit; and
- Finding out more about their risk of developing cancer by visiting www.mycancerIQ.ca.
For organizations wanting to also promote the #GetBackonTrack campaign:
- Resources, such as posters, can be downloaded here.