We are thrilled to announce the Mobile Cancer Screening Coach services will resume on June 21, 2021. The Coach has been off the road since late December in response to the provincial stay-at-home order and rates of COVID-19 in the communities that we serve.
• Mammograms (ages 50 to 74 through the Ontario Breast Screening Program)
• Pap tests (ages 25 to 69 through the Ontario Cervical Screening Program)
• An order for a ‘do-at-home’ colon cancer test (men and women ages 50 to 74 through the ColonCancerCheck program)
• Smoking cessation counseling, free limited dose NRT and referral (ages 18 to 74)
Visit our website at https://hnhbscreenforlife.ca/schedule/ for our schedule and call to book your appointment at 905-975-4467.
We have put measures in place to make sure Coach visits are safe:
• You will need an appointment to visit the Coach. This helps to avoid line-ups and spaces visits across the day. Only one person will be allowed on the Coach at a time.
• We will ask if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the Coach. Our staff screen themselves every day too. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, we will help you make an appointment at a testing centre if needed.
• You will be asked to clean your hands and will be given a mask to wear before entry. Our staff will be wearing a mask and a face shield too. Masks are required on the Coach. If you are not able to wear a mask, our staff can help you find a different location to get your screening done.
• Enhanced cleaning processes are in place. Staff will clean and disinfect surfaces that have been touched between each client.
• Portable Air Units have been installed. Increased air circulation through a series of filters will remove harmful airborne particles like dust, pollen and bacteria.
Our service resumption plan takes into consideration COVID-19 rates in the community in addition to time to monitor the effects of policy changes like movement between stages of the province’s COVID-19 response framework. In collaboration with our partners, we will continue to monitor local conditions and add new locations to our schedule as it is safe to do so. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Riley Crotta, Manager, Regional Cancer Programs at 905-521-2100 ext. 63007 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Coach operations.