Do you have a patient that you are concerned has lung cancer?
There are three sites you can refer patients to in our Region:
- Josephs Healthcare in Hamilton
- Niagara Health in St. Catharines
- Brant Community Healthcare System in Brantford.
As of April 1st 2020, please direct referrals to the program closest to your patient’s home address. These forms can be accessed in PDF, OSCAR and TELUS by clicking here.
Reasons for referral may include:
- Diagnostic imaging suspicious of lung cancer (nodules ≥ 8 mm in size)
- Hemoptysis in conjunction with a lung nodule or mass on imaging o Peripheral nodule or mass in smoker (nodules ≥ 8 mm in size)
- Non-peripheral mass or nodule in smoker (nodules ≥ 8 mm in size)
- Nodule or mass in non-smoker (nodules ≥ 8 mm in size)
- Multiple pulmonary nodules (nodules ≥ 8 mm in size)
Please include CXR, chest CT and blood work if available.
The goal of LDAP is to support timely detection and treatment of lung cancer and to help coordinate care as close to home as possible.