For Tobacco Users with Cancer
You can find support by talking to:
- A member of your Juravinski Cancer Centre (JCC) healthcare team. JCC cancer patients can receive two weeks of free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) through the JCC Retail Pharmacy.
- Your family doctor or nurse practitioner
- Your local public health unit
- To get telephone-based smoking cessation support, information, and advice, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, call Telehealth Ontario toll free at 1-866-797-0000 or toll-free TTY at 1-866-797-0007, or the number on your cigarette pack.
- A Quit Coach at Smokers’ Helpline, smokershelpline.ca. Smokers’ Helpline offers online and text messaging support.
- The Community Service Locator at https://csl.cancer.ca will help you find and access other services. Tip: Type the word tobacco into their search bar to find resources in your area.